Thursday, September 30, 2010

Revenge of the Sippies

Our sippy cups are multiplying like rabbits, or so it seems.

We do have an abundance of sippy cups here, and they have a mind of their own. Somedays they are like the rabbits. Other days they are like socks in the dryer, I wash them and all of the sudden I have more cups than lids. The one thing that happens every day though, is that almost all of them get used.

I have tried to teach my kids to bring them to the kitchen when they are done, but that only happens 60% of the time. I find them under pillows on the couch, in their rooms and anywhere else you can imagine. The best find is when they had chocolate milk in them!

Every night I have to wash and dry almost all of them. As I do this I think of plans to get rid of them, to have my kids drinking out of regular cups, or to stop buying more. Once they are put away in the cupboard I try to forget all about them.

Their revenge: as soon as the dish water is drained, another dirty one appears.

No comments:

Post a Comment